- Join it up! Social media strategies are part of the overall marketing strategy, not standalone. People share and talk when they have been hit through several different channels around a central message.
- Content needs to have a regular drum beat, but be prepared to surprise and excite, just like any other form of media that has an editor at the helm.
- Experiment and learn with a range or images, videos and status updates and don’t worry if everything’s not working – because it won’t.
- Every post reveals a lifestyle interest (I love/hate/think…) or intent (I want/need/miss…). Understanding the micro –conversation reveals new influencers or customers in waiting.
- Get geeky on the data. Interactions, re-tweets and click throughs to learn what works best. Brands need to listen as much as they talk!