So you have done your research, written your article and optimised the content ready to publish. So how do you promote your blog post?
1) Ping it – Pinging notifies a number of services that your blog has been updated with new content, and these services can begin crawling and indexing your site for increased visibility. It’s so simple to use, just enter your blog URL into a box and click Ping!
2) Post it! – to the following social bookmarking services. These are free to use and provide a great platform to save, organise, and remember links to content that people find interesting on the web. Always remember to target your content to your target market and choose the most appropriate platforms.
3) Share it! – If you want to successfully grow your blog then you need to share your content on a number of social networks.
- Facebook – Share your posts in relevant groups and ask for comments and feedback. Interaction is important especially within your business community.
- LinkedIn – Share as an update on your profile and in relevant industry groups where followers may find the subject useful and may wish to interact with your blog post.
- Twitter – Schedule a tweet of your post twice a day for 7 days, but remember to change the title each day!
5) Email it! – Promote your blog by continuously building an email list of blog subscribers. This is not only a great way to market your own products and services, but it also allows you to build your brand and promote specific offers.
6) Guest Blogging and Comments – Promote your blog by subscribing to and regularly visiting other blogs within your niche. Actively participating in each blog community and adding valuable comments will help to raise your profile and offer their readers an opportunity to subscribe to your blog.