The purpose of marketing and promotion simply means communicating with your customers. Many social media channels provide businesses with a platform to communicate, but now a new kid’s on the block! Instagram is basically a photo sharing application for mobile users, which is now part of Facebook. With more than 100 million users, Instagram has become the perfect opportunity for brands to get quick messages and photos to their target audiences. Users now have the opportunity to access Instagram profiles on the web in addition to mobile, giving marketers more possibilities to market on other devices besides Android and iPhone.
- Sign up for an Instagram account and choose a username that clearly represents your brand.
- Add a profile photo, a biography and link to your website
- Connect your account to Facebook, Twitter and other accounts
- Capture quality pictures of your products and services and begin uploading them to your community (Photos are the best medium to attract potential buyers and help ignite the conversation, which engages them)
- Announce to your Facebook & Twitter followers that you are now on Instagram
- Start sharing your photos across your networks and don’t forget to use hashtags!
- Adding tags to your photos is a great way to find new followers and share your photos with more people. Choosing specific tags will help you connect with other like-minded people.
- Give your business brand a face – showcase employees and their achievements or even your customers. Customers can be your brands greatest advocates and are a great way to tell your company’s story from the perspective of someone outside the company.
- Create engagement by asking individual questions or launch photo contests. Ask users to use a particular hashtag for the contest by tagging their pictures. It’s easy to search through pictures and ask other people to vote for their favorite.
- Remember to monitor your photos for customer comments and feedback!