A content calendar will keep you on track for consistency, relevancy and ensure everyone on your team is on the same page. You can have a simple calendar tracking your daily or weekly posts or you can go bigger and have a more holistic view of your plans.
Master Calendar (this outlines the types of content you’re using (blog posts, webinars, videos, podcasts etc.) and looks at the calendar from a monthly perspective. Why it works:
- You will see all your content at a glance
- Add in key holidays, marketing campaigns, trade shows, business dates for tracking and content creation purposes
- Create synergy between all of your content by seeing them from a top line view
Detailed Calendar. This shows the content on a daily or weekly basis (depending on how often you publish) so you get a better look at your content plans. Why it works:
- It’s the nuts and bolts of your day-to-day content planning so you always have a great, detailed reference document
- It can include helpful information such as authors, SEO keywords, calls to action, current status, etc.
- It’s an idea engine – seeing all your content details here may spark ideas for new content and can help you identify future topics