Email marketing success truly depends on your business objectives as well as overall customer engagement. Email programs that grow stale and stagnant are not going to entice and engage your most valuable assets – your email subscribers.
The design of your email templates may have more impact than you realise. Consider using a reasonable text to image ratio. Text is every email marketer’s friend, so always scatter text elements throughout your email templates. Experiment with your design to see what engages your subscribers.
- The subject line is the first and possibly the only introduction to your campaign that your subscribers may ever see. Take the time and effort to create a truly relevant, engaging subject line that entices subscribers to open.
- Your success lies within your filed data and your ability to segment. Untargeted email programs increase costs by as much as 3.6 times the cost of targeted programs. Delivering your email campaign to the right person, with the right message, at the right time is critical to your overall email marketing success.
- Embrace the power of social media within your email templates. Enable subscriber’s to become stronger brand advocates by providing ‘Share’ features in each and every email. Make it easy for subscriber’s to promote your email offers through Google+, Facebook and Twitter.
- Videos are everywhere. YouTube is a testament to how much people enjoy viewing anything from something really ordinary to the highly entertaining. Think about how you would like to reinforce your brand through video. Always have the video stored outside of the email and link to it. Offer multiple video format choices to accommodate all users.
and don’t forget!…
- Customers should not have to search your site to sign up for your email marketing efforts. Place your subscribe banner on the homepage of your website. Consider a “Join Now” or “Sign-Up”.
- The easier it is for subscribers to join, the more likely they will. So, limit the form fields required to join your email program.
- Thank and welcome new subscribers immediately with a Welcome email highlighting the big wins of your email program. Build a robust Welcome series that touches new subscribers consistently by bringing your brand to life.